“Serve it cold, take small sips....enjoy”
- Milk (4 cups of any kind)
- Saffron (1 pinch)
- Almonds (10-12)
- Poppy seeds (2 tablespoons)
- Fennel seeds (2 tables spoons)
- Cardamom powder (1 teaspoon)
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- Sugar (3-4 tablespoons).
- 2 tbsp of "Gulkanda" (rose petal jam)
- Grind the dry ingredients from the list above.
- Add this the 4 cups of pre-boiled milk that has been cooled down and stir well.
- Leave this in the milk for at least 4 hours.
- Sieve out all of the powder from the milk.
Enjoy it cold!
Look who's also drinking thandai and celebrating Holi!
"Peek into my kitchen drawer" workshop.
“Fry them crispy & enjoy them...garmaa garam”
Ingredients: Gram flour, turmeric, cumin powder, coriander powder, caraway seeds, mango powder & salt.
- Slice 2 onions into thin slivers and finely chop cilantro (1/2 cup).
- Mix the thin onion slices and cilantro.
- Pour the spiced mix of gram flour over them and let the mixture sit for a few minutes.
- Add a table spoon of oil in the mix and a little bit of water.
- Heat oil and fry small portions until they turn brown and crispy. Enjoy!